Your privacy is important to VAX Maine Kids.
We never sell or share your personal information with outside organizations without your written consent. Here is an outline of the information we do and do not gather from our site visitors.
For each visitor to our website, our server records:
- the visitor’s domain name, and
- user-specific information on what pages the visitor accesses or views.
We collect two types of information from users of our Website: (1) personal information that users provide to us and (2) non-personal information collected via technology, such as information about traffic patterns on our Website.
Our server does not recognize visitors’ e-mail addresses or any personal information unless you supply information via a contact form. We collect non-personal information on an aggregated basis to make the Website more useful to you and to do such things as operate and enhance the Website. We use Google Analytics and Google Webmaster Tools. For example, we may collect information concerning:
- The URL, or address, of the site you just came from;
- The type of internet browser you are using;
- Your Internet Protocol, or IP, address. An IP address is the string of numbers that identifies each sender or receiver of information that is sent across the internet.
- Cookies, namely, small pieces of information that a website sends to your computer’s hard drive while you are viewing a website. We use both session cookies (which expire when you close your browser) and persistent cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete them) to provide you with a more personal and interactive experience on the Website. You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can disable this function by changing the cookie profile on your computer’s Web browser. If you disable or delete your cookies, however, you will not have access to certain features of our site, such as “Remember My Password” or interactive quizzes you have taken. We do not store any Personal Data in cookies on your computer other than the cookie itself.
- Clear GIFs, which are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of Internet users. We use clear GIFs in HTML-based e-mails to let us know which e-mails have been opened and acted upon by recipients. This information helps us assess the effectiveness of certain communications and the Website, and it helps us constantly improve their relevance.
Site visitors may be asked to give other information, such as a mailing address, a phone number, and credit card information, in order to receive some of our services. Visitors may decide to volunteer this additional information to fill out a survey, to make a donation, to register for a program, or to join a mailing list.
The information we collect is used to improve the content of our Website. It is only shared with organizations within MaineHealth.
We do not partner with or have special relationships with any ad server companies.
The social media sites where VAX Maine Kids has its Social Media Pages may provide aggregate information and analysis to us about your use of our Social Media Pages. This allows us to better analyze and understand our user growth, general demographic information about the users of our Social Media Pages, and interaction with content on our Social Media Pages. Overall, this information may be used to help us understand the types of visitors and users of our Social Media Pages and use of the content.
Please be aware that VaxMaineKids.org may use third parties to assist us with this Website and our Social Media Pages. You should also be aware that we may disclose specific information about you if necessary to do so by law or based on our good faith belief that it is necessary to conform or comply with the law or is necessary to protect the users of our Website, the Website, or the public.
Upon request, we provide site visitors with access to all information (including proprietary information) that we maintain about them. This includes:
- financial information (e.g., credit card account information),
- transaction information (e.g., dates on which customers made purchases, amounts and types of purchases),
- communications that the visitor has directed to our site (e.g., e-mails, customer inquiries), and
- contact information (e.g., name, address, phone number).
When we transfer and receive certain types of sensitive information, such as financial or health information described above, we redirect visitors to a secure server and will notify visitors through a pop-up screen on our site. We have appropriate security measures in place in our physical facilities to protect against the loss, misuse, or alteration of information that we have collected from you at our site.
However, we cannot guarantee the security of your computing environment. Please be sure to use a secure computer and network connection when you transmit information to us.